This standard includes ISO 9001:2015 quality management system requirements and specifies additional civil and military aviation maintenance and continuing airworthiness industry requirements, definitions, and notes.
The AS9120 ISO standard is specific for stockist or pass-through distributors or resellers, not manufacturers. If you are a manufacturer for the aerospace industry, see AS9100. The AS9120 standard addresses requirements for companies that resell, distribute, and warehouse parts for aircraft and other aerospace applications, but do not change the characteristics of the product.. It does not pertain to value-added distributors nor companies that provide rework or repair.
AS9120 includes additional requirements beyond the ISO 9001:2015 standard. Primarily, these additional requirements address:
- Risks associated with external provision of products, processes and services
- Batch and lot splitting
- Foreign object prevention and detection (FOD)
- Traceability from receipt of the product to delivery
- Counterfeit parts prevention and detection
- Evidence of conformance and on time delivery
The AS9120 quality management system focuses on process requirements that distribution service quality.
AS 9120B Certification - Benefits
- An opportunity for improved product quality, traceability and reduced risk.
- Aligns your company to the best practices of the aerospace industry
- Demonstrates that you can deliver quality products and services to your customers
- Elevates your quality management system to the global standard adopted by the aerospace industry
- Expands your customer base to include global aviation companies